Sunday, January 11, 2009

What if she's just not that into HIM?

I can't help but notice something.

Wait, before I go on... This might be a bi-product of the industry that I'm in. I work in marketing so I am accutely observant of the daily messages, bill boards, mediums, not so loud messages that are spread throughout my world. We are free to think as we please and behave within reason as we must, but the rules that aren't written are literally everywhere.

Improve yourself, ladies- if you're slimmer, younger, more hydrated, happier, tougher but more feminine and not so smart but smarter than you look= you might get married before people start asking you why you aren't married (tisk tisk, you poor thing).

As the movie trailers are hitting the airwaves for the soon-to-be SMASH hit "He's just not that into you" I have to say.... What if she's just not that into him? Where's the book that talks about the men we've uhm.. Kicked to the curb for lack of better words because we weren't that interested in?

I might have to write it. Representing all of the ladies out there who aren't needy, clue-less or chasing after men who actually may have dumped their own share. Maybe I'll share with the male masses what we think about drunk dials, how they freak out when you say you aren't interested and what gross toe nails really do to our appetite. It's not hot. Just because you're a man doesn't mean you have a get out of jail card-all access pass and are no matter what attractive. Nope. Doesn't work that way. We're just not that into it.

So to the ladies out there who are going to see that movie (yes I'm going to watch it too- afterall I didn't say I wasn't curious) - please do me this favour? Just remember you are what you think you are. If you think you are powerful beyond measure, ready to take on the world and completely loveable? You better believe the world will see it too.

1 comment:

  1. I think there are more needy women out there who want to get married (even if that means settling), then men who are like that. Ahhh the power of not having a biological clock.

    ReplyDelete